I hope you had some fun with creating your elevator pitch, and you are ready to move on to the next step in building a client-rich Life Coaching business.
Today let’s tackle an easier – but very crucial – a piece of your business-growth puzzle: your business card.
And, yes, yes, you are right! If you plan to get your clients nationally and internationally, you do not need a business card, But…!
- keep in mind that most coaches get their first clients locally
- one of the most effective ways to generate coaching (or consulting) clients is through the face-to-face meeting – and we’ll talk about Power-Networking a little later, and How to generate lots of quality leads and paying clients through networking
- trust me, you’ll meet people all the time who’ll want your business card, and you want to be ready, and ready with a great business card, not just a piece of paper with your name on it
So with that said, let’s get down to business!?
10 Tips to Creating a Lead-Generating & Client-Attracting Business Card
(My source: www.VistaPrint.com – not an affiliate link ? )
Let’s explore today something simple, yet a great prospect attraction strategy. It is something that you can take action on today and start seeing results days from now. If you use this tool right, it is up to your “conversion strategy” on how many of the prospects you attract will convert into paying clients.
I’m sure by now you have a business card (and if you don’t, that’s good for you, at least you can start with a great business card right from the start); just make sure that your business card is more than a piece of paper with your name and other business info on it – make sure that it’s also a Lead-Generation Tool & a Client-Attraction Magnet?
Here are some tips to creating great Client-Attraction Business Cards:
1. Do NOT design/print your own business card, unless you are a pro
2. Your business card is often the first impression of your professionalism – make sure it helps you be seen as one
3. Print your business card on a harder stock (not soft paper stock), and choose the semi-gloss option (or gloss)
4. Use a slogan on the top left, top right, or under your name that is niche-related, such as “Your Conflict-Buster Coach”; “Stress no more!”; “Life-Balance is Only a Call Away…”
5. People do business with people they know, like, and trust… To accomplish part of this, make sure to put a picture on your business card. Having a picture on your business card accomplishes several things, one of the most important being that people will remember you easier even months after you met.
6. Let your card address the WIFM of the prospect (What’s In It For Me?) – Design the card in a way that your niche shows more prominently than your name. You want the prospect's eyes to see your niche first, which ideally will start the discussion in the right direction (as opposed to having your name out prominently and your niche somewhere in small print. They’ll look for your name on the card anyway, but in the big scheme of things, that's not the first thing you want your prospect's eyes to fall on!
7. Don’t use a PO Box as your address (on your card or on your website!). If possible, use instead a UPS store box address. Personally, I do not feel comfortable sharing with the world where I live, so for years (before affording to rent an office), I used a “fancy” address, such as “330 Robert Smalls Parkway, Suite 24” – sounded like I was renting a cool office, when in fact I was only renting a $49 per 6-months box at the UPS store.
8. Make sure your email address and phone # are on your business card
9. DO NOT LEAVE UNUSED “REAL ESTATE” ON YOUR CARD!!! That is, don’t leave the back of the card blank! When used properly, the back of your card can be one of your most effective prospect attraction “tools.” Put your irresistible offer on the back of your card, such as
Download your FREE Step-by-Step
90-Days Life Coaching Business & Marketing Planner
Visit www.ClientsEnrollmentFunnels.com/90 for
Feeling Stressed and Overwhelmed?
Visit www.MyIrresistibleOffer.com for FREE access to your
7-Day STRESS NO MORE Transformation eCourse!
MAKE YOUR OFFER IRRESISTIBLE!
When your ideal client sees your offer, they should light up (smack themselves on the forehead) and exclaim “Wholly Cow! This is exactly what I need!” ?
10. Capitalize the first letter of each word in your domain names whenever you put them on stationery or in your web copy. For example, www.ClientsEnrollmentFunnels.com, www.myCoachingCenter.com – it is much easier to read and it stands out more.
Here is one of my business cards I used for about 6 years (sometimes after 2004*). This card helped me generate 100s of leads every year and helped me open doors to many paid speaking gigs and coaching clients.
* I stopped using a business card sometimes after 2010, as 100% of my clients came through LinkedIn, through referrals, or repeat business.
* I used to carry two business cards - the 2nd one, on the back had listed my speaking topics; and I'd give that card to anyone who I thought could get me a speaking gig.
All right, that’s it for today…
Now Let’s Implement this Stuff & Let’s Get You Some Clients!
NEW HERE? Here are a few articles that you might find useful:
*No worries, they open in a new tab
How to Get Coaching Clients, PART 5: Create a Powerful Elevator Pitch
How to Get Coaching Clients, PART 4: Four Steps to Picking a Profitable Niche
How to Get Coaching Clients, PART 3: Create a Grand Vision Statement
How to Get Life Coaching Clients, PART 2: Identify Your Ideal Coaching Client
How to Get Life Coaching Clients, PART 1 – 12 Habits of Highly Successful Life Coaches